One Over One Hundred

I moved from The Big Easy to a place about 13 blocks from Sokol Underground in Janurary of '04. My normal week in the Crescent City included at least 4 hours of live, musical entertainment. I logged 31 acts over the 10 days of Jazzfest '03, not counting the ones I played with or saw at the fairgrounds. I need live music.

In increments of 1%, I am finding fulfillment in Omaha.

textual and photographic submissions can be submitted to sandstep@cox.net

Monday, August 08, 2005

Morningwood

I went to Sokol that night unsure of what I might see, as I often do. The middle band of three, Morningwood comes out like a comedian playing the really rocking part of the Top Gun Anthem. Titties was quite pneumatic, and quite enchanting, the band was very tight and I liked them, honestly I was feeling a slight bit blown away by the whole thing, or so I thought. Then they went into Take Off Your Clothes.

Titties goes into the crowd. I'm thinking.. these guys are going to try and pull somebody on stage as they mentioned in the banter earlier. She steps in front of me and sizes me up. I raise an eyebrow to accent my current smirk. The band drops into a riff and we're dancing. That's hot. I like sweat. I like dancing dirty. I like Titties. The encounter intesifies as my adrenal glands finally awaken from a state of disbelief. The band is ripping velcro and Titties really has the pneumatics oscillating as I hold her like a rocket just after zero, osmotic sweat facilitating our cominglance of muscle and flesh.


And then it was over. I shakily lit a cigarette. Yeah. That's exactly how it happened.

I met Titties after the set to give her a proper thanks and a kiss on the cheek. She also signed my record, the hard kind.. as she referred to them.

Tittles

Check the band's site for photos of more Take Off Your Clothes antics, not by me, but elsewhere on the tour. Alas, it seems there was no photographer to document the Sokol show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home