One Over One Hundred

I moved from The Big Easy to a place about 13 blocks from Sokol Underground in Janurary of '04. My normal week in the Crescent City included at least 4 hours of live, musical entertainment. I logged 31 acts over the 10 days of Jazzfest '03, not counting the ones I played with or saw at the fairgrounds. I need live music.

In increments of 1%, I am finding fulfillment in Omaha.

textual and photographic submissions can be submitted to sandstep@cox.net

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Weird War, How Could I Forget.

July 28th, 2005

These cats can swing it. From the dramatic, nonsensical spoken word to start the experience the last leap onto the monitor, the energy was right up there the whole time. I brought a friend out who hasn't seen a show in forever but was a big fan of The Make Up, so it didn't take much arm twisting when I told him who Weird War really was. He loved it. I'd bet it was the best time he'd had in a while, and I felt the same way. It was one of those nights when you're in a crowd of a few dozen and something really special is happening. Weird War made me feel sad for the rest of the world, the people who missed the show.

Alex, you kung-fu pimp.
You singed my eyebrows.
Was it because you knew I was in love with Michelle Mae?

Michelle, coolest to ever stand stage right of the center pole at Sokol.

Ian, no words are necessary.
But thanks anyway for hanging out with us at the Ottobar that one time.

And Neil, you should keep those drums chained up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home