One Over One Hundred

I moved from The Big Easy to a place about 13 blocks from Sokol Underground in Janurary of '04. My normal week in the Crescent City included at least 4 hours of live, musical entertainment. I logged 31 acts over the 10 days of Jazzfest '03, not counting the ones I played with or saw at the fairgrounds. I need live music.

In increments of 1%, I am finding fulfillment in Omaha.

textual and photographic submissions can be submitted to sandstep@cox.net

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Catching Up Haphazardly

I was recently told to update my damn blog. Christian says to me, write about how you got into Built to Spill without a ticket, for the second time while I'm with you. Write about how you left before "My Guitar Gently Weeps." I will not write about those things.

It was a night for the old-timers. Those of us who still listen to vinyl regularly and have our living rooms built around our record collections. The band was very loud, turned past eleven but more like cranking up a pair of good headphones than the earsplitting auditory experience sometimes undergone in the Underground. Exhaustive rocking, that's why I didn't last to the end of this one. I was so tired the next day I passed out after work and slept through Sleater-Kinney. Bust on me.

In our next episode:

Engine Drivers, Chimbley Sweeps and Gigantic Bloodthirsty Aquatic Mammals, Oh My!

or

That Whale Scared Me So Much I Spilled My Beer on My Pants..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home